A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

All you Need is Love ... and a little wood and some paint ...

I made these signs. Of course from the famous Beatles' song.

You could call it valentine decor, but since it's black & white this will stay up year round.

Here was my inspiration piece: I ripped it out of my magazine, but I believe it was Romantic Country Magazine. I have no idea what this says but I just loved it.

I used what I already had, a large board + letter stencils from my scrapbook stash (I think you can buy similar ones at an office supply store), + some cream paint= Free Art (Do you know how much I love that!)I layed out my stencils to figure out how I wanted my design to be.

Here it is, freshly painted.

Then I sanded with the grain to allow distress lines to pop through the letters.

I also slightly antiqued with a walnut stain, then added a topcoat.
About an hour or so later I had this: