A Vintage Crate   +  table

A SINGLE MAN

The irony in this film is what affected me the most. Ultimately we have no control over our own destiny even if we think that we do! There is a haunting twist in this film that makes you ponder what, if anything, can we do to avoid the inevitable death awaiting all of us. Although this sounds horribly sad, I found myself to be comforted by the fact that I have no control over the matter.

Tom Ford beautifully depicts each scene with a sense of loneliness and despair. The main character in this film reaches out to the audience with each emotion just by being in a state of existence .

I did not read the book by Isherwood, but I can only imagine how haunting of a read it is based on what I experienced in the movie.

Both Julianne Moore and Colin Firth deliver amazing and believable performances. I loved the film and the awareness it gave me in my own life!

The score is also worth a good listen. The sound of the music captures the emotion just as well as the actual scenes from the movie!

RATING: A-