A Vintage Crate   +  trip

Restoration Hardware inspired dresser

Remember my GoodWill find I scored a few weeks ago?

My inspiration:

Via: Restoration Hardware

Well here she is all "Restoration-Hardware-ified" (thats a word right?)

Let me 1st just say WOW-this was for sure a labor of love. I used two different strippers.

Then sanded, then sanded again, oh wait-then sanded again. All those curve & grooves were painful. And Im sure there is some cool state of the art tool out there to help but I resorted to q-tips and one of my kids sand box toys!

After all the sanding-I applied a wash of Annie Sloans chalk paint in Old White. I mixed one part paint and 1 part water.After the wash dried I applied a gray stain & wiped it down.Here is one of the drawers with just the wash (on theleft) and here it is with the stain applied on top (right).

Here it is in her new spot in the dining room (I have no clue why I refer to my furniture in the female-tense).

Linking to: Thrifty Decor Chic Miss Mustard SeedSouthern HospitalityDecor Chick